Wednesday, September 30, 2009

9/30 homework

I came to this course with the preconception that using the computer was a solitary activity. My personal experience has been that I have used the computer primarily for research. Not necessarily just for school, but also in my every day life. When I need information on a topic, I go to the computer. After doing the assigned reading, I have come to realize that rather than being a solitary and isolating experience, technology can actually bring people together. It allows people to work together creating and implementing who because of distance, would never be able to be together in the same room. It allows relationships to develop that never would have without the technology. I was also amazed to see some of the things that can be accomplished through technology, such as the work done through 1kg.org. Through the use of technology as a means of coordinating the project, some amazing human improvement projects are being accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment